Sometimes the holiday booking process can be confusing! Hopefully we can answer your query below, or feel free to contact us with all your weird and wonderful questions.
If you have already made a booking, you can find all your property info, directions, key collection information and make payments via the GUEST BOOKING LINK in your confirmation email.
AVG offers 2 ways to secure your booking. Standard booking or ‘Layby’.
- Our standard booking terms are a 50% deposit within a few days via direct deposit or credit card. We will email you all the information you need with a link to pay securely on-line. The balance is then payable 7 days prior to arrival. We will send you a reminder.
- Bookings 12 months or more from the arrival date can negotiate a payment schedule. Contact us to discuss.
Payment can be made by :
- Direct deposit – Details for bank deposit will be forwarded to guests upon acceptance of booking.
- BPAY – You will be emailed your personal BPAY details upon booking.
- Credit card – Payment is accepted by Visa or Mastercard. Your confirmation will offer a link to click to pay securely on-line. Payments can be made at any time via your ‘booking manager’ link in your confirmation. We charge no fees to pay this way.
- Cheque – Cheque is only accepted as a payment method if cheque is cleared at least 21 days prior to arrival. Cheque is not an accepted form of payment for finalisation of booking.
We will try to help you out wherever possible but please understand that we need to keep the owner’s interests in mind and the fact that they could lose income.
Cancellation policies are outlined upon acceptance of booking and are :
- We offer a deposit refund (minus booking fee & administration fee as outlined below) if cancellation is made 45 days or more before the booking date.
- If a cancellation is made between 7 – 45 days, you are entitled to transfer your booking to a later date at the same property within the next 12 months in an off-peak period. The replacement booking must equate to the same monetary value as the cancelled booking or AVG is entitled to claim 50% of the booking difference per night.
- If a cancellation is made 7 days prior to arrival, all payment is forfeited.
- All bookings which require a refund will incur a $25 administration fee and forfeit of non-refundable booking fee.
All the areas of Bright & Surrounds are all very dog friendly towns. Your furry friend will love the long walks, swims in the river or sitting by the fire with you!
We have strict pet policies across our pet-friendly accommodation. We hope all dog owners will respect these guidelines for future guests and the property owners. The list looks very serious and long but we hope that you can understand the need to lay guidelines to maintain the quality of the pet friendly properties Alpine Valley Getaways offers :
Well behaved pets are permitted only at said ‘pet friendly’ properties and are strictly NOT permitted at any other properties. It is the guest’s responsibility to inform AVG that pets will be in attendance. Strict yet standard rules apply to all pet friendly properties :
We trust you will help us maintain the quality of the property for yourself and future guests by following these below PET GUIDELINES. Charges & immediate eviction will be incurred should these guidelines not be followed.
- WELL BEHAVED DOGS ARE MOST WELCOME, HOWEVER,
- Dogs are most welcome in the floored areas. Please limit the time your dog spends on any carpeted areas or on rugs.
- Dogs are strictly prohibited from entering the property unattended, wet or dirty.
- We ask that dogs which shed heavily remain in the yard as much as possible. Please remove any traces of dog hair from carpets or rugs etc. before vacating the property.
- Under NO circumstances is your dog to be left inside the property while you are away. They may stay in the yards or garages but NEVER in the house. Even the most well behaved dogs have become destructive in unfamiliar surrounds. If a dog is found alone in the house they will need to be immediately removed and you will be required to vacate the property – We can assist with arranging a dog sitter if you require, let us know.
- Dogs are strictly prohibited from using the bedding or furniture. Please bring your own bedding or mat and equipment – bowl, lead etc. Dogs are not allowed on any couches or beds at any time.
- A dry cleaning charge may apply if dog hair needs to be removed from bedding or upholstery.
- If holes are found in window or door screens from dogs scratching you will need to cover replacement of the screens. Please ensure your dog does not scratch doors or screens. Scratch marks on doors will also incur replacement charges.
- As a pet owner please be responsible for your dogs behaviour & well-being, even the calmest dogs can easily become distressed in strange environments.
- Do not allow your dog to bark or cause disturbance to our neighbours.
- Please do not wash your dog in the shower or bath.
- Please ensure you clean up any little surprises around the garden! It is not fair for the housekeepers or next guests to have to do this.
- Please do not allow your pet to freely roam as they will have access to our neighbours properties and risk being picked up by our diligent local ranger! If a dog is picked up by the ranger they will be impounded and release charges will apply.
- A 2 dog limit is imposed in the Alpine Shire without a specialised permit.
- *If you have a crafty dog or a dog that can & will jump fences or dig, we can never guarantee that any of our properties will contain them, you may want to bring a lead in case you find that your dog wants to escape – which can happen in new environments!
- WELL BEHAVED DOGS ARE MOST WELCOME, HOWEVER,
If any of our properties call themselves ‘cycle friendly accommodation’ it means you will be provided with at least bike racks or storage and a bike pump.
Some of our properties even provide bikes for you to use at your own risk & responsibility – you just bring your own helmet!
If you wish to hire bikes during your stay please contact us and we can point you in the right direction.
There’s is also helpful local cycle information here : RIDE INFORMATION
Planning to get to Mt Hotham, Falls Creek, Dinner Plain or Mt Buffalo can seem like a bit of a task but don’t fret, we’re here to help. We can advise you on ski/board & chain hire, the right mountain for you and what kind of deals might be on offer.
Get in touch with us for some customised advice to suit your situation. We will also send you a detailed information guide 20 days prior to your arrival to help you get locked in and ready.
Visit our blog for some simple yet practical advice on saving time & money visiting the snow : SNOW INFORMATION
Alpine Valley Getaways have several properties which can accommodate wheelchairs but also railing & assistance for elderly or other special needs guests.
Please contact Emma directly to discuss your particular needs and we can guide you through each properties suitability. Our ‘wheelchair’ friendly properties will offer a minimum of wheelchair ramp access, wheelchair shower access and railings where appropriate.
We do not charge for infants (under one) who will sleep in a portacot. Please include them as as ‘infant’ in your enquiry as it will alter your quote rate.
Most of our properties are quoted based on guest numbers and we offer discounted rates for children. We consider a child to be 17 & under, so please let us know if you are booking for children rather than adults. All children between 1 & 17 should be included in the rate even if they will share a bed with an adult.
We want you to feel comfortable and spoilt, like you’re staying in a hotel with the comforts of home.
All of our properties offer quality tea & coffee supplies, a range of cleaning products, toilet paper and more as well as a few conveniences in the kitchen, to help you get settled!
Arrive, unpack, get refreshed then head out to fill your home with everything you need to stock up for the rest of your stay. Let us know if you need some tips!
The gorgeous landscapes you’re probably referring to are from talented local photographer BRENDAN HOLLAND.
You can view & purchase Brendan’s works over at : https://www.instagram.com/brightmystic/
Ready to hang works are also available at the TRONOH SHED GALLERY | 152 Great Alpine Road, Harrietville.
We are incredibly grateful that Brendan generously shares his beautiful views of our stunning region!
Ensuring our houses or units are affordable for couples or small groups forms the basis of how our property pricing works.
First and foremost, when you rent through us, you always get exclusive use of the property – no one else will be staying with you! What you may not get though is use of all of the bedrooms.
The number of bedrooms you can use is based on the number of paying guests that are staying, generally on the basis of two paying guests per room. So, if you’re a small group of four, you’ll receive access to two bedrooms. For couples or small groups, this means you’re not paying for bedrooms that you’re not using, helping keep your costs down and making more of our properties affordable.
If you do want access to more rooms, that’s not a problem! Just contact us and we can give you access to more rooms for an extra fee.